Saturday 21 June 2014

Finally Done

After two years of blood, sweat and a lot of tears, I have finally finished my A-Levels! I never ever have to take an A-Level exam ever again in my life…aaaaahhhhh! *jumps frantically* All of course, at the expense of not watching a single match of the French Open and missing out on a week of the World Cup. 


I only had 6 exams this year spread out in the space of over a month, so I had some time to revise between them, but events of the past few weeks have clearly indicated to me that I’m not great at handling stress. Particularly knowing that these exams pretty much determine where you will be heading for university, pressure and expectation does become overwhelming. To the point where you just end up crying, waking up feeling as if you are about to throw up and thinking that your life has ended. Exams have been a mixed bag, but I’d rather not speak about them. Knowing that my hopes and dreams are in the hands of examiners right now is a very daunting thought, and I’m certainly not looking forward to 14th August, but until then, it’s all about celebrating!

Perhaps the most amazing thought to come out of finishing exams is that I’ve finished school forever. I mean, that’s so so crazy! I just started sixth form what seems like yesterday, but now I’m done. It really hit me when I was returning my sixth form ID yesterday, and the date I started happened to be 5/9/12, and honestly, these two years have gone by so so quickly!

This year especially has been if not the worst, the toughest year yet. A lot of things have happened from the start like anxiety, depression, academic difficulties etc which I don’t want to expand on too much because I’d like to do separate posts on them, but I survived. I like to think that I’ve come out of this experience stronger and much more aware of things. I certainly don’t want anyone, anyone to experience what I went through this year because it certainly wasn’t pleasant but hey, it’s finished. It was just a bump in the road. Great thing is I can apply to university with extenuating circumstances.

Anyway apart from that, I took part in this year is Sanam's A* Grade Challenge. It's been amazing being a part of it. I think that it's wonderful to be able to share advice with students who have the same mindset as you. It makes the learning experience much more easier. 

I definitely enjoyed the subjects I took! I studied History, English Literature, Religious Studies and Biology, and they’ve been difficult but I’m so glad that I had chosen them. They’re all amazing and I really do recommend taking them. Not only did I learn awesome stuff, my writing skills have improved so so much. Before I sat my final exams, I remember reading back at the essays I had written right at the beginning of A-Levels, and seeing how much I’ve improved makes everything worthwhile. I feel like I’ve learnt so much in such a short period of time, and I cannot wait to learn my one true love at university (hey history!), I’m so so excited! But until then, its relaxing and celebrating the end of what has been an eventful two years!

Congrats to everyone who’s finished their exams and school! Celebrate your hard earned freeeeedom!

xx       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and I'll get back to them all soon enough, so thank you! x